Sunday, April 9, 2017

There's a Bouquet and Then There's a Sewer's Bouquet and I Got Both.


The little girl next door had a birthday and a little while ago I noticed she was wearing a mint coloured t-shirt with a pineapple on the front.  I had a scrap of the pineapple rayon I made my niece pj shorts and kimono last year which was a perfect match so I whipped her up a little skirt with pom poms on. It fit perfectly and just as well as that was the last of it. I had to make a kind of tier as it wasn't quite wide enough but a bit of elastic sewn on with the overlocker and then folded and topstitched and there it was.  She loved it and put it on straight away... I love it when kids do that! 

 It was also my birthday recently and my above said niece brought me this lovely bouquet of flowers which I may add are still in good shape and it has been a couple of weeks. Lovely... but the sewer's bouquet... well that's just perfection and lasts much longer.


Ta Da! I present the sewer's bouquet...a bunch of merino pieces!!!!
Goodness what a niece.. knows the way to her Aunty's heart (and making sure she's in the good books for more merino winter goodness.. if winter ever comes).

Pretty much self explanatory isn't it.


Next up I'll show my new togs (swimmers), hopefully a wrap dress and I'll let you know how the destash went today. 

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute skirt! You are a lovely neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday. Isn't it nice when people give thoughtful gifts like your niece and you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute skirt and lovely sewing bouquet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! And what a lucky neighbour to get a lovely new skirt to wear. Very creative to make the skirt in tiers with the little fabric you have!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing what you think.