Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Burda 2/2015 Model 104 muslin.

I really love the unusual style of Burda Kenzo shirt copy. Chanel No 6 blog person has made this top and as I had it out of the library I thought I'd give it a go as mentioned in the previous post. I never make muslins (toiles) as I get bored making the same thing twice in a row but that's probably why I don't have a good fit, and I really wanted to see if this would suit me before cutting into some nicer fabric. 

Photo courtesy of Chanel No 6 blog.
I was looking for something else in the stash that lives in the boxes under the house and found this quite stiff poly/cotton (I think) fabric which is really perfect to see drape of the flounce. They are not good photos - using the selfie stick and the mirror at night. Not a perfect scenario but the best I can do not having a photographer at home at the moment.


I love the flounce on the front. I'm surprised it looks ok. I made the muslin with no sleeves yet and I haven't attached the collar either but I will to see the fit. It's my first two piece sleeve.


I'm not sure of the back view. It's a really terrible photo and you can't see the details so I'll finish and try and get better photos. The right side is sitting funny as I caught a pucker in the seam but otherwise the flounce is really nice. I think this will look nice in a plain fabric. I'll talk about attaching those very curvy convex and concave seams as my computer is running out of battery any second.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like it has great potential.

    You are so lucky to have Burda in your library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I agree on both counts. I discovered a few years ago, that the library (here in Brisbane at least) will get things in that you request!! I have requested some foreign films and series and am thinking I should see if they will get La Mia and other pattern magazines but who am I kidding, I have enough to sew!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing what you think.