Skip to main content

R.I.P. Chrissy.

Photo courtesy of photos chrissy mphlett 
I've mentioned music is my thing..in the late '70's, 80's and 90's there was great Australian music playing every weekend in Brisbane. Chrissy Amphlett fronted the DiVinyls. Once I saw them in Brisbane at The New York Hotel...(now it's the Myer Centre!) it was a beautiful hotel with iron lace lifts and had just been restored. It was an amazingly shocking and exhilarating show! She was a great show person and I feel a deep sense of sadness at her passing at such an early age.. just two years older than me. She was brave, sexy, beautiful and talented with a truly unique voice. R.I.P Chrissy... thanks for the good times.

Comments

Carol said…
I agree. She was a great talent and I, too, have wonderful memories of seeing her perform. She was way too young to die ...
Summer Flies said…
Yes she was... How you going Carol.. I was thinking of you yesterday wondering how the move went.. if it's happened!

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...