Skip to main content

Brisbane Meet Up

Yum, yum!


The Marriott looking grand and the swap spoils in front.
 The Brisbane Meet Up was celebrated yesterday at the Marriott Hotel. It was a rainy day and normally I suspect most sewists would have been sewing in this weather but instead we were adding to or subtracting from our stashes and enjoying cake, coffee and great company. I didn't get to speak to everyone (where did the time go?) but I really enjoyed the conversations with those I did catch up with. I'm glad it is agreed that more meet ups should happen and a lot more regularly.  A bit thank you to Lizzie at http://busylizzieinbrizzy.com for organising this great fun day.
Lana, Angela and Marjorie. Angela's dress was a huge hit with many people!
Thanks for a great day everyone... see you at the next meet up!

Comments

Marie said…
The food looks amazing. Sounds like it was a great meet-up.
kbenco said…
I had the best time. I so enjoyed finally having a chat with you, it felt like I had known you for ages! Thank you for your extravagant compliments, I am blushing ;). Looking forward to the next meet up I feel just the same about not getting to talk to everyone.

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...