Monday, April 22, 2013

R.I.P. Chrissy.

Photo courtesy of photos chrissy mphlett 
I've mentioned music is my thing..in the late '70's, 80's and 90's there was great Australian music playing every weekend in Brisbane. Chrissy Amphlett fronted the DiVinyls. Once I saw them in Brisbane at The New York Hotel...(now it's the Myer Centre!) it was a beautiful hotel with iron lace lifts and had just been restored. It was an amazingly shocking and exhilarating show! She was a great show person and I feel a deep sense of sadness at her passing at such an early age.. just two years older than me. She was brave, sexy, beautiful and talented with a truly unique voice. R.I.P Chrissy... thanks for the good times.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. She was a great talent and I, too, have wonderful memories of seeing her perform. She was way too young to die ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she was... How you going Carol.. I was thinking of you yesterday wondering how the move went.. if it's happened!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing what you think.