Skip to main content

Family additions!

Oh, sorry... I don't mean family additions in the way Kristy does! I mean of the paper variety!

Remember the trip to Bribie Island and our little stop on the way at the thrift shop? Well these are the patterns I bought for 20c each. Bargain!

 I really love the kimono sleeves on this one  and it looks so simple (I wouldn't use the big cuffs as I feel overwhelmed by those types of details).  The girls dress comes with transfers to replicate the white and yellow dress/top.  Reminds me of the dress Treena self drafted in August.  Might try to enlarge that for myself! This is really for a friend who sews for her neices.
 This cowl top is designed for woven fabrics!  I will make it with short sleeves though as too hot (not today mind!) soon for long sleeves.  I liked the Burda for the red striped dress as it is princess seams and that is much more flattering for me and I think it will be an easy one to modify.
I don't usually buy costume patterns but I bought this one for the pattern I have conveniently cut off ... it's a warrior (you know the one with the leathery skirt) and I my son thought I should make that for him!  The other is a basic pattern with an A line skirt which is good for me too.  I don't know if you can read it clearly but it has stamped on it "Craigslea High School Home Economics department". That is a high school in that area and obviously that was a pattern they use for teaching students. A good one for learners me thinks!

So pretty good score but I hope I get time to make some soon...

Comments

Veronica said…
I had to laugh for the costume pattern, my comedian friend wanted a 'cape' so we found a pattern similar to your one and a Roman cape became a strange 'magical' comedian cape!

Happy sewing!
Carolyn said…
Some great finds... and I can't wait to see what you sew up from the "costumes" one!! That is definitely my favourite!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...