This is the Ottobre top no 4 from 5/2017 magazine. I have a lot of their magazines but although I like their basic styles I don't make much. I'm trying to get myself using them more.
Sorry, such bad photos but I never remember when I'm out and about somewhere nice. I made it from some white cotton knit that I bought at a workroom sale locally. The woman was having a big sale and although there were some nice fabrics, it wasn't my style or not that great a bargain to justify stashing. (I've done too much of that already). There was a huge pile of large and smaller remnants and she wanted $20 bag (on of those ugly heavier supermarket bags) so my friend and I shared one bag full and boy did we manage to stuff a lot in that bag. It's a very nice fabric and all the fabrics were good quality. I've got a top cut out of another knit with roses (but I can't find the instruction sheet even though I've tidied everything up!).
I made my top in a size 38 cutting out a bit sider at the hip level. I love the kangaroo pocket. I am way shorter than their 5'7" (or taller) so I didn't put the bands on the cuffs or hem. I did finish it with a tiny band but the sleeves are a little long so I may cut them off and just hem on the coverstitch. The fabric is kind of fuzzy on the right side and I though it may pill so was really just testing this pattern out with it but it hasn't pilled or shrunk so win!
I didn't line the pocket with the same fabric but a woven from a long vest I have had cut out for a while. I felt this would actually make the pocket useful and not too soft. I couldn't remember if I'd washed it but there was no shrinkage so win again. It's really a lovely top and I'll use it again but probably make it a bit narrower around the neck and maybe the shoulders a little too.
Currently I've nearly finished the bodice of Simplicity dress model C. Photos next post. There's an issue so hope I can overcome it.
I also made more machine covers. This one is my Singer overlocker.
I got a bit fancy and made a little flap instead of just a hole to grip the handle as I thought the dust will just get in the gap, but I didn't bother making the hole for the coverstitch, below. The fabric is this weird mesh that is bonded to plastic. Funny story about this. There was this pink and a fluro orange and it was marked down at Spotlight about 12 months ago to about $8 per metre. I wanted one of each colour and they cut it bit they wanted to charge me full price for the pink one. I queried why it was not the same price and asked them to match it and they refused. Well I thought I don't need it that bad as I was going to make some shopping bags only so just bought the orange. Later that day I had to go back to get something I'd forgotten to get and found the pink in the remnant bin for $2 per metre so I bought it then!
I have been meaning to make some covers for these machines for ages. I spent time really cleaning all the dust off the machines and now will cover them. (I had some plastic ones but they were not good) These are terrific. I sold two of my machines this last couple of weeks and two more to go so room is clearing slowly.
Thanks Keisha for the tip to clear the cache but comments are not working still... I need to devote time to it some time soon but I am reading all the blogs. Keep blogging everyone! Happy sewing.