Skip to main content

A cute little top I made.

 I have this cute vintage pattern and I also had some leftover red polka dot rayon from a dress I haven't finished yet. I had just enough to cut this cute little top out. I made this a few months ago now. I wanted to try the pattern as it was so cute - not that I have that much time to make random tops, but there you go. 


It turned out really great! I moved the middle bodice part which is cut on the fold in 1 cm from the fold to widen the bodice a bit as I was making it for my son's girlfriend. It is and self line bodice. 


I haven't seen it on as it just got cool when I finished it so I'll get a photo when summer comes around again (and that won't be soon enough!)

The back is open has these two cute ties so it would be so cool in our hot summer. I love how This top turned out. It's cute and quite trendy in the little crop top phase that is going around. 

See the tassels above, I washed this dress in a friend's top loader which are much rougher on clothing and it tore one tassel off the dress and made it all shaggy. I wanted it neat again and wondered if hair conditioner would work.. and it did. It straightened it out just like new. I gave all the tassels a little trim and they are all perfect now.


At the end of April my son turned 18! I made a chocolate cake to help us celebrate at home after having just my family and a few of his friends at a Chinese restaurant. 

I made kimchi. I've made it before but it fermented and then went bad and I don't know why. This one is still fine.

I have recently gone to Europe for a holiday and next I'm going to write up my fabric shopping and purchases, YSL museum visit and my sewing magazine purchases. My friend and I had a lot of fun and it was great to be travelling (safely) again. Thanks for reading 😀




Comments

Claire said…
That top is super cute, and the way you saved your tassels is brilliant. I never would have thought of that!

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...