Wore these to the Brisbane Spoolettes High tea in 2019. With my friend Kim.
I made this jumpsuit in 2019. You can read about it
here.I wore it a few times but ..oh jumpsuits. Getting undressed every time I had to go to the loo was tiring so I never wore it more than those few times. As I loved the fabric I decided to refashion the pants to some other trousers.
I used a pattern I had made some trousers from a Simplicity Ali someone (if I get a photo I'll edit it in) and they fit really well. They are a very simple pattern with no extras.
I used the back zip from the jumpsuit and just trimmed it. The button was from a tonne of buttons from my mum's stash. The waistband was fashioned out of the belt tie.
I unpicked both legs open and put the pattern on the super wide leg of the old jumpsuit. I decided to make some pockets out the the scraps at the edges and lined them with some pink fabric from a friend stash. I lined up the patch pocket with the dart so you don't see it. I drafted that pocket (so easy) but made sure it fit my phone in the simple drafting. I love the pockets and it's so much easier to sew them on when they are lined.
Not a bad fit for a rescue. I love the cut of the legs. The top is a lovely top I bought in Cebu in February.
Don't look too flattering here, but I'd worn them all day at the Brisbane Spoolette's High Tea.
Then went to pizza night for my birthday with my family. My sister made me a cake!
I wore them protesting a few weeks ago too. The life of fancy pants never ends! Talk again soon.
Comments