Skip to main content

Incognito!


Hmmmm.... this little machine I saw at Spotlight today for $399!  reduced from $700 I think it was.  I'm a little confused as I understood some of the features were exclusive to Janome and upon some research, Janome apparently makes Elna now.  
This is my newer machine .... but I bought it from Aldi about 18 months ago for $250 reduced from $299!  (branded Lacura)It runs like a dream and I have been really happy with it, but till now always thought it was just a rebranded Janome with some slight cosmetic changes.  

If you do see this out and about, definitely don't buy it for $700 and even though it may be worth the $399, you may get it cheaper elsewhere... I was trying to see the same model in the Janome stockists but as it is rebranded Elna, it's no wonder I didn't find it.....it is a good machine however and I have used it exclusively since buying it.  My Janome I have had for 25years and even though it still runs fantastically, I use this one because it has a one step button hole (luxury!) and who would have thought the little top button putting the needle down or up would be such a great feature; but it is! 

Speaking of machines, I must ask my Mum if I can have a go on her SInger... she has a Genie; apparently a coveted machine by some, so I would like to have a go!  I also want an old SInger treadle machine like we used to have (and I sewed on it too)... three drawers each side and a little flip draw at the front. Where do I put it though??

Are you like me and love your little mechanical friends??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...