Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing. So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...
Comments
I'm curious where you get the Ottobre mags from? It looks like they have some nice patterns.
Yes I thought that is the re-released one. I have to find the fabric in my stash.. it's not at the top as it is such a special fabric. I hope there is enough for this dress.. it will look amazing if there is.
I fancy the jersey jacket in Ottobre. I have this magazine lying on my sewing table next to some green merino. I hope Uni calms down a bit for you.