Skip to main content

Fabric Sale - On again


Fabric sale is on again. I just got the notice - don't miss out!
Yes, the ants have taken over the photocopier! Help..anyone know how to get rid of them?

Comments

Judith said…
Ants and wet weather ... don't you just love it (NOT!) Guess it is going to be another mad dash from work to make this sale ... J
Summer Flies said…
Oh those ants... put the photocopier in a big rubbish bag and sprayed insect spray against the bag so the photocopier didn't get covered and then tied the bag up for 24 hours.. perfect! But they are all around the house - drives me crazy. I don't need fabric but I'll still go!
Marie said…
Oh yay - thanks for posting this again. I thought I signed up to their mailing list but haven't received a thing. Seems much earlier this year.
Summer Flies said…
Yes I wasn't expecting it at all. Maybe I'll see you there?
Marie said…
Maybe. I am going there as soon as I can on the Thursday.
Summer Flies said…
Ok may see you there then. I think I'll try to get there about 4 or 4.30. Maybe there'll be time for a coffee after?
Marie said…
Sounds like a plan.
Summer Flies said…
Oh Marie I forgot to say if you want to borrow a Style Arc pattern, let me know which one and I'll bring it along. You can post it back to me later.
Anonymous said…
Loved reading your blog..I live in Brisbane as well. I have Cypriot relatives and ex-husband
Anonymous said…
Oh that's lovely thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...