So another UFO finished. I made the cardigan. At first look, it's very similar to most waterfall cardigans (I've made 2 different Kwik Sew ones) but this one differs because it has a band around the waterfall and hem. I cut this out 18 months ago and even though I really wanted to make it, it frightened me for some reason. It was that band and I'd read a review on Pattern Review and the person said it wasn't a good pattern and she wouldn't recommend it. Anyway, I loved the colour and fabric and thought get it done and donate it.
Plus I made a mistake cutting it out... at the collar part I cut into a smaller size, realised and stopped but then I had this slash. So I zig zagged a little grosgrain ribbon on it and put a little fray check and the result is not invisible but I don't notice it at all. In fact I had forgotten all about it until I saw the photos again.
The fabric is some linen knit I bought at Darn Cheap Fabric $2 per metre table. Such a bargain and it is amazing fabric. It is a fabulous colour and the slightly brighter blue you see is little sparkly specks.
Sorry, really bad photos again. I wore it today and meant to take a photo of it with a nice white cotton top under it and some cargo pants. It looked much better that over this dress. The fabric has a nice weight but the band really adds to this and really finishes it off very nicely - it rolls over to the front which I like. Considering this was the part I was avoiding and even considered leaving it off, it's my favourite part. It really finishes it off very professionally.
Back view...with a dress it's very unbalanced but with pants it looks so nice. The one thing I have to fix is the length of the sleeves. I have to cut off about 8 cm. Shame as the coverstitching finish was perfect. I even washed it in hot water as I thought it would shrink for sure so I didn't cut it before then, but nope, it's kept it's size which is a good thing. I love this cardigan. It's perfect for air conditioned office or movies etc. I thought I took a video of how I slip some little ribbons through the slot in the foot of the overlocker to give the shoulders stability, but I can't find it. I cut the hanger ribbons off everything but keep them as it's useful for this job.
So I recommend this pattern - I'm so glad I bit the bullet and made it up. It was a pretty quick sew up too. I love the fabric too... one of my favourite things I've made. (and practical for a change!)
So I have loads still to show you. Thanks for all your comments... apparently I can't even reply to your comments on my own blog! So till next time.