Skip to main content

Winter sewing.

Ok so a quick one with lots of photos. I made this Simplicity 8338 workout top out of some light weight active wear remnant from Lincraft. Cut out ages ago and finished it a few weeks ago. It's a nice fit and I like it. I will make some adjustments so that I can tie up the back when I do yoga as downward dog makes it go over my head unless I quickly tuck it into my pants... which I do.


Made the back panel with some white mesh I had on hand.


So winter sewing because at this stage we are going away to Europe and am busy making stuff to take. Jeans which I think will be too light weight but with tights and a long coat should be ok. I'll see. I started these a few weeks ago but I haven't finished them yet.




Didn't have a blue zip on hand but a green one.. no problem. Too long, also no problem; this is a stash pair of jeans. Yay!




Have used New Look 6979 for the pants in a heavy wool knit I bought a a fabric stash sale a few months ago. They are heavy but look smart for basically wide leg track pants.  The fabric features below.


These are merino undies made for my son from leftovers with Jalie 3242. So happy with these but they are short in the torso so I've adjusted the pattern and cut out a pair with full length legs and they are ready to cut out. The full grey pair here have orange merino on the inside pouch. They have some wide elastic waiting for them so I hope he finds them comfy to wear them too.


This is the Ottobre 5/2016 Drape Front top. I'm surprised how wide the neck is. But I like it. That's the heavy wool pants leftovers with feature sleeves out of pewter pleather but .....


It was old and also bought at that fabric destash and the pleather split when I tried it on for size, so they'll come out and some other feature fabric will go in it's place. Anyway in a hurry so that's it for now. Still can't comment... it's driving me crazy but probably saving me time 😒.


Comments

Patricia said…
I love to see your sewing! The workout top is so cool, and so professional, a brilliant sew. As for making jeans, I am awestruck by everyone who does that - I am still working on stretch pants :( Happy Sewing xx
Vanessa said…
Everything is looking good--especially those pants!! They fit you nicely and the red topstitching looks fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...