Skip to main content

Vogue Pattern Sale US$4.99.

Image from www.sewingpatterns.com


I buy lots of my patterns at www.sewingpatterns.com in the U.S. Currently they have Vogue at US$4.99, Kwik Sew US$5.99, Simplicity at US$4.99 and you can also get Lekala Patterns here too. The postage can be expensive (exorbitant more like it) but when you break it down per pattern for us suckers in Australia, it still works out very cheap (especially when you consider how much some Vogues go for). 

I don't get anything from them I've just used them and passing on the sale. I have had one pattern from two different orders come incorrectly, but an email is all that is required to get it fixed and usually they don't ask for the wrong one to be sent. One I had on backorder (it showed available and then then didn't have it) and they sent it F.O.C (free of charge) when it did come.

Pretty good service overall. They have these sales all the time for all the major pattern companies and they have lots of independent pattern companies also; they even have downloadable if you can't wait - for some reason these tend to be more expensive???

Comments

Ellen said…
Even with the postage to Aus it still generaly works out better than buying them here! I got some over Christmas for $2-4 each. I think I ordered 7 patterns in one go (the max for one of the postage bands) and altogether it came to less than $30.
No complaints here!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...