Skip to main content

Welcome 2013.

I hope your introduction to 2013 was safe and happy. I had a wonderful night with one of my younger sisters and my girlfriend neighbour.  

Firstly we had a small bubbly, goat's cheese and crackers at my neighbour's home. We caught the ferry, went to a nice bar in town just by the City Cat Ferry that leaves from near our homes. We met some lovely people had some bubbly, got a taxi when we needed one and made it home at 3.30am!




We made some new friends who were lovely gentlemen and good fun for the evening. 

I was thrilled that I got many unsolicited comments re my dress. Many young girls old me they loved it and were disbelieving that I made it. I saw a girl with a gold sparkly mini and I told her I thought it was lovely and she said "oh I really like your dress!"
A great start for 2013.

I don't make resolutions or plans for my life generally (fail to plan, plan to fail?) and as I have my last semester of uni coming and needing to prepare for a trial I am self litigating, this year isn't the one to start. However, if I get the chance I'd like to get (and sew) some Sewaholic patterns (if anyone wants to sell some  for reasonable price let me know). I'd also like to try a Lekala pattern too. Other than that I'd like to get some 7's for uni (that equates to High Distinction) to try and graduate with distinction. Of course it goes without saying that I'd hope my family and I are all healthy and safe for 2013 and I wish the same for you and yours.

Comments

Happy New Year to you too. The comments you received for your dress were very well-deserved. Your dress looks great.
Jacquie said…
Your dress is indeed gorgeous and that sounds like a very fun night.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying a vintage togs pattern.

                       Hello, it's been a while again. Not as long as some bloggers who have recently returned to blogging...up to 7 years, but I'm glad people are coming back. I never joined Instagram as I'm not that fussed on 'social media' and more with people who write about their sewing.  So back to sewing. I picked up this vintage McCalls togs pattern. It's quite a good value pattern as there are three very different and interesting swimsuits included. That's pretty rare. It's a size 16. I decided to make view B. All of the patterns have pieces for the bra cups too which is really great. Photographed with it is a Burda beach wrap. I can't find the magazine number right now, but it's at least 10 years old. Basically it's a large square of fabric with arm holes cut out. The fabric is genuine 70s towelling. I know because Mum bought it to cover our 'fantastic plastic' vinyl couch. Vinyl was preferred back then...

Miss Fisher's costumes

Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner.  It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...

Kwik Sew

So recently Spotlight had Kwik Sew patterns - 3 for the price of 1. I don't really need any patterns as I have plenty but some took my fancy and I'm keen to sew some up. I have been really liking the waterfall jackets... I have a Butterick pattern (not mentioned yet but brought over from the US with a friend... that's another post though), a New Look cut out and I liked the length of this Kwik Sew one too. I was seduced by Kristy's beautiful version  of the jacket on the right. Don't expect to see it fitting me so perfectly but it looks nice and easy and it's a bit different and a bit timeless too. I was thinking of sailor type pants but when I saw this shorts pattern, I thought I could make them up and see if they suit and I may be able to lengthen the legs and not have to trace out a Burda one. Not sure how KS patterns fit me as I've only made a dress a while ago now. I have these cut out from a leftover piece that was not enough for anyth...