So more food. Pea and ham soup. A winter staple here but I've only started making it a few years ago. A smoked ham hock, carrot, onion, garlic, pepper and water. I put it in the pressure cooker for about 1 hour and then took all the meat off the bones and put in one pack (250 grams) of dried split green peas and slowly simmered until the peas softened. If it gets too thick I just add a bit more water. I don't like soups too thick. I put the meat back in the pot and then eat. Some nice toasted seedy sourdough bread and it's perfect. It freezes well too. Yummy for cold nights.
Well it has been busy. Working full time doesn't allow for much else especially when there is a child and ageing parents. I haven't made as much as I'd hoped (ha ha do I ever) and the three things I have made I haven't photographed yet. Actually the Burda dress I just finished yesterday. I'm touching a lot of fabric and patterns but I just don't have the brain energy at night so far. This is a panoramic photo my son took from my friend's balcony at Broadbeach. What a view! It's a great spot right across the road from the beach and last week when we went for the weekend there was a great double rainbow that we saw both ends of. You can just make it out in the top left corner. It was a bit cloudy that day (the next was magnificent - "beautiful one day, perfect the next" - that was the old marketing talk for Queensland a few years ago). Hee hee, then my friend said want to take a weird panoramic photo - sure why not - so while he was t...
Comments